Even lower fees for QFC strategy investors
We’re excited to announce our new fee policy for investors with at least $150,000 invested in Quantified Fee Credit (QFC) strategies or at least $100,000 invested in Turnkey QFC strategies. Under this policy, we will waive 100% of the Flexible Plan Investments portion of the advisory fee on QFC strategies in excess of the subadvisory fees paid by the funds used in your account. Look for more information on the new policy in this quarter’s President’s Letter.
E*Trade change to transfer-out procedure
E*Trade Advisor Services now requires an original Medallion Signature Guarantee for all transfer-in-kind requests received outside of the ACATs system. In addition, all transfer-in-kind requests received via the ACATs systems will now be processed for transfer to new custodians. Accounts will only be sold to cash upon request. Requests to discontinue management prior to sending a transfer request will stop management services only and the account will remain in the last managed positions.
If you have any questions, please contact our Client Services team at 800-347-3539, extension 1.
New Quantified Funds
We are excited to announce the launch of several new Quantified Funds over the past few months. The Quantified Funds, which are subadvised by Flexible Plan Investments, use dynamic asset allocation to adjust to market environments. The Funds are used within many of our strategies, allowing them to deliver multiple levels of risk management and advisory fee credits to lower the cost of professional investment management.
The new Quantified Funds include the following:
- Quantified Pattern Recognition Fund (QSPMX): a risk-managed fund that seeks capital appreciation.
- Quantified Tactical Fixed Income Fund (QFITX): a risk-managed fund that seeks total return.
- Quantified Evolution Plus Fund (QEVOX): a risk-managed fund that seeks capital appreciation.
- Quantified Common Ground Fund (QCGDX): a risk-managed fund that seeks capital growth by investing in companies that satisfy both faith-based and socially responsible investing criteria.
For more information on the Quantified Funds, visit https://www.quantifiedfunds.com/.
2019 tax forms
Form 1099-R, RMD letters, and all nonretirement account tax forms have been mailed and are available online through the E*Trade Advisor Service Liberty website.
Reminder: Recent legislation effective January 1, 2020, changed the RMD age from 70 1/2 to age 72. Therefore, anyone turning 70 1/2 after January 1, 2020, does not have to take an RMD until they turn 72.
Turbo Tax and H&R Block: Liberty tax imports
You can import tax information from the Liberty platform directly into Turbo Tax and H&R Block tax software. To do so, select “E*Trade Savings Bank” from the list of financial institutions. You will need to establish a Liberty login and password before completing the import process. Enter your Liberty login and password to begin importing the tax information. If you need assistance with your Liberty login or password, please contact our Client Services team at 800-347-3539, option 1. If you need assistance using the tax software, please use the support services for Turbo Tax and H&R Block. This service is not available in the free version of Turbo Tax.
Don’t file too early—Reallocated dividend payments
If your clients hold a mutual fund, exchange-traded fund (ETF), or real estate investment trust (REIT) in their portfolio, there is a high probability a portion of the dividend payments made throughout the year will be reallocated for tax reporting purposes. Due to late reallocation notices, some account owners will receive a corrected tax form.
Transaction data for taxable accounts
Each year we get questions from reps and tax preparers about how to handle transaction data for taxable accounts. While Flexible Plan does not provide tax advice, the following procedural information may be useful.
To avoid having to enter each buy/sell transaction, you can use one of the following methods:
- E*Trade Advisor Services integrates with Turbo Tax and H&R Block’s tax software, allowing you to download the data directly into the software program. E*Trade Advisor Services also provides the 1099-B tax data in CSV/spreadsheet format, which can be used with other software programs.
- Totals can be entered on Schedule D, and a hard copy of the 1099-B data can be submitted separately from the electronically filed return. Totals entered using this method could be labeled “Per schedule submitted with Form 8453.” You would then submit an IRS Form 8453 with the 1099-B tax data to the following address:
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254
Receipt and Control Branch
Austin, TX 73344-0254