Even lower fees for QFC strategy investors
We’re excited to announce our new fee policy for investors with at least $150,000 invested in Quantified Fee Credit (QFC) strategies or at least $100,000 invested in Turnkey QFC strategies. Under this policy, we will waive 100% of the Flexible Plan Investments portion of the advisory fee on QFC strategies in excess of the subadvisory fees paid by the funds used in your account. Look for more information on this policy in the upcoming quarterly newsletter.
Fourth-quarter account summaries and OnTarget Investing statements are scheduled to be delivered in the coming weeks. For those clients who have elected to receive our correspondence electronically, be sure to go to ontargetinvesting.com to verify that we have your current email address in our system. If you haven’t already done so, you can contact Client Services at 800-347-3539, ext. 1, to set up e-delivery.
Plan ahead—Office closed on January 20
The home office will be closed on Monday, January 20, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Regular business hours along with the Market Hotline will resume Tuesday, January 21. Remember, clients can log in to ontargetinvesting.com at any time to access daily account information, statements, and news.
2019 tax forms
Tax forms will be mailed and available online through E*Trade Advisor Services’ Liberty website on the following dates:
- Form 1099-R: January 31, 2020.
- All nonretirement account tax forms: February 15, 2020.
- Required minimum distribution (RMD) letters will also be issued to clients on January 31, 2020.
Reminder: Recent legislation effective January 1, 2020, changed the RMD age from 70 1/2 to age 72. Therefore, anyone turning 70 1/2 after January 1, 2020, does not have to take an RMD until they turn 72.
Add your brand to FPI client-facing materials
Advisers, you can now add your photo, logo, and company name to your client-facing materials, including the Crash-Test Analyzer, Illustration Generator, Model Performance Report, OnTarget Investing Website, OnTarget Proposal, and Research Report. This allows you to use the latest FPI tools and technology to add value to you and your company—and all with the cohesive branding your clients have come to know and trust. Log in to flexibleplan.com to learn more.
Now available: New turnkey investment solutions from Flexible Plan
We have recently launched a new suite of multi-strategy services:
- QFC Fusion 2.0—A new and improved iteration of our most popular portfolio of strategies.
- QFC Multi-Strategy Core—A dynamically risk-managed core portfolio that blends a variety of our Quantified Fee Credit (QFC) core strategies. The resulting portfolio—which can be customized to one of five risk profiles (from conservative to aggressive)—is designed to be used as a standalone core or to enhance the risk management of a passive core portfolio. Because QFC Multi-Strategy Core is actively managed, it’s designed to take advantage of opportunities that are not available to the passive core.
- Four QFC Multi-Strategy Explore—Available for four different investment scenarios: low volatility, low correlation, special equity, and equity trends. The first is for those with more conservative expectations, the second is moderate to balanced focused, and the final two would be deemed more growth-oriented. These options can be added to customize and complete a “core and explore” portfolio.
Each of these solutions is turnkey: We monitor them, impose the discipline of trading them, and then report their performance to you.
As QFC strategies, our new offerings exclusively use our subadvised mutual funds, allowing us to deliver fee credits that lower our portion of the strategy’s advisory fee. As turnkey multi-strategy services, they also offer three levels of risk and opportunity management:
- Dynamic risk and opportunity management within each mutual fund.
- Dynamic risk and opportunity management among all of the funds used in each strategy.
- Active risk and opportunity management of the allocation among the QFC strategies.
The minimum investment in QFC Fusion 2.0 or QFC Multi-Strategy Core is $25,000, while a QFC Multi-Strategy Explore option requires $5,000.
Investors who maintain accounts with a balance of at least $100,000 in either QFC Fusion 2.0 or QFC Multi-Strategy Core receive all of the added benefits of our Prime accounts. These include added risk customization (QFC Fusion 2.0 only), longevity fee credits, waiver of our paper delivery fee, and access to our quarterly conference call.
For more information on these strategies, please contact our Sales department at 800-347-3539, ext. 2.