New Year’s holiday hours
The home office will also be closed on Wednesday, January 1, for the New Year’s holiday. Regular business hours will resume Thursday, January 2.
Remember, clients can log in to ontargetinvesting.com at any time to access daily account information, statements, and news. We thank you in advance for submitting any year-end account maintenance requests at your earliest convenience.
E*Trade Advisor Services client account requests to meet the December 31, 2019, deadline that are received after December 20 will be processed on a best-effort basis. These requests include, but are not limited to, any distribution for 2019, Roth conversions, and establishing a new qualified plan/Solo(k). Please call Client Services at (248) 642-6640, ext. 1, to confirm receipt of all submissions. Deadlines for similar requests at Schwab and TD Ameritrade will vary. Please contact Client Services with any questions.
Reminder: Required minimum distribution
As the end of the year approaches, make sure you and your clients are adequately planning for any IRA contributions, required minimum distributions, or gifts. Remember, the IRS requires tax-deferred account holders over the age of 70½ to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) on an annual basis. These accounts include IRAs and 403(b)s, among others. Flexible Plan clients were notified earlier this year of their minimum distribution amount. To request the RMD, complete the EZ IRA distribution form. E*Trade Advisor Services will not make a distribution without a completed form. To review RMD information for your clients, you can run the RMD Report from E*Trade Advisor Services’ Liberty website. Distribution requests received after December 20 will be processed on a best-effort basis.
Fourth-quarter account summaries and OnTarget Investing statements are scheduled to be delivered in the coming weeks. For those clients who have elected to receive our correspondence electronically, be sure to go to ontargetinvesting.com to verify that we have your current email address in our system. If you haven’t already done so, you can contact Client Services at 800-347-3539, ext. 1, to set up e-delivery.
Phone service disruptions
We have been made aware that Sprint service users who call FPI and enter an extension have had trouble connecting. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. As we work to resolve this issue with Sprint, we ask that callers experiencing this issue please hang up and try again or email the Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Client Services at email@example.com.
Add your brand to FPI client-facing materials
Advisers, you can now add your photo, logo, and company name to your client-facing materials, including the Crash-Test Analyzer, Illustration Generator, Model Performance Report, OnTarget Investing Website, OnTarget Proposal, and Research Report. This allows you to use the latest FPI tools and technology to add value to you and your company—and all with the cohesive branding your clients have come to know and trust. Log in to flexibleplan.com to learn more.
Now available: New turnkey investment solutions from Flexible Plan
We have recently launched a new suite of multi-strategy services:
- QFC Fusion 2.0—A new and improved iteration of our most popular portfolio of strategies.
- QFC Multi-Strategy Core—A dynamically risk-managed core portfolio that blends a variety of our Quantified Fee Credit (QFC) core strategies. The resulting portfolio—which can be customized to one of five risk profiles (from conservative to aggressive)—is designed to be used as a standalone core or to enhance the risk management of a passive core portfolio. Because QFC Multi-Strategy Core is actively managed, it’s designed to take advantage of opportunities that are not available to the passive core.
- Four QFC Multi-Strategy Explore—Available for four different investment scenarios: low volatility, low correlation, special equity, and equity trends. The first is for those with more conservative expectations, the second is moderate to balanced focused, and the final two would be deemed more growth-oriented. These options can be added to customize and complete a “core and explore” portfolio.
Each of these solutions is turnkey: We monitor them, impose the discipline of trading them, and then report their performance to you.
As QFC strategies, our new offerings exclusively use our subadvised mutual funds, allowing us to deliver fee credits that lower our portion of the strategy’s advisory fee. As turnkey multi-strategy services, they also offer three levels of risk and opportunity management:
- Dynamic risk and opportunity management within each mutual fund.
- Dynamic risk and opportunity management among all of the funds used in each strategy.
- Active risk and opportunity management of the allocation among the QFC strategies.
The minimum investment in QFC Fusion 2.0 or QFC Multi-Strategy Core is $25,000, while a QFC Multi-Strategy Explore option requires $5,000.
Investors who maintain accounts with a balance of at least $100,000 in either QFC Fusion 2.0 or QFC Multi-Strategy Core receive all of the added benefits of our Prime accounts. These include added risk customization (QFC Fusion 2.0 only), longevity fee credits, waiver of our paper delivery fee, and access to our quarterly conference call.
For more information on these strategies, please contact our Sales department at 800-347-3539, ext. 2.